JOSHUA: Darna in Leather?



Seems the boyfriend of a friend of a friend of mine (blame Miguel for this) is an actor who played a supporting role in one of the local indie films. I was able to see his film and wasn't really that much impressed. I have just seen a third of the movie but felt i was already sitting there for three hours. So when I unexpectedly ended up having dinner with them after watching the movie I knew I had to watch what I had to say - enough to praise the film but also enough to give them nasty comments. (Good thing Miguel wasn't online during that time)



Anywasy, to avoid making any further social blunder, I managed to divert the dinner topic to producing independent films. It seems there are a bunch of local companies which were more than happy to sponsor independent movies as long as they were shot on digital medium. Looks like Epson and Kodak have enough budget for these (Hmm... have to confirm that with Zak).



Still, the topic on what to produce was part of the problem. It was decided that superhero movies were not only a blast during the MMFF but also off christmas season as long as they were good. But what would be considered to be good? We had losts of discussion of who should play who, what effects should be done. We ended up at around 3 a.m. with no final deision. It seems playing Darna in Leather would be too much for the 'madlang people' and just would sell. Or would it? I guess I have to see the locan MMFF movies to check how good competition is...



No comments:

Post a Comment