ZAK: More Powerful Than A Super-hero



Had another one of those weird days at the office. 



There’s this quarterly thing called “Breakfast meetings” held at the office to discuss how the company’s doing for the last couple of months.  Each time this is done, some sort of twist is made in order to lighten things up.  This time the theme was that of Super-heroes!  As if that’s not weird enough, each of the presenters had to come in costume and at the same time try to present their report in reference to the theme.



Anyways, I was one of the reporters and was surprised to think that most of the other reporters were thinking of this as some sort of contest.  There one who was planning to go as Kato (Green Hornet’s sidekick).  Yet another one was going as Superman.  Some even got to get their department mates to play part of a group thus some were in going as the Power puff girls (complete with the Professor) and yet another one was going as the X-men.  Seems everyone wanted to better the other’s presentation and even bought their costumes.



Left to my own resources, I was wondering what I should do.  So I went to the store and bought myself a Spider-man T-shirt.  Not a costume, but just one of those with “Spider-man 2” written on front and a big drawing of Spider-man at the back.



Come presentation day, I was the last to give my report.  So clad in a white long sleeve sweatshirt and the T-shirt on top of that, some jeans, rubber shoes and a pencil tucked in my ear I started to explain: “I was forced to think of someone who was more powerful than the super-heroes that came before me.  Since most of the heroes came from comic books, I guess coming as a simple comic-book artist gives me better leverage when dealing with them.  I may not be the one fighting crime but I’m the one who’s instructing the heroes what they should do – kinda like when you’re at Finance and dealing with the Sales people.”



Anyway, I then proceeded to present my report.  I found some comic panels of spider-man before hand (those panels with drawings but with no dialogue yet), which is in turn I made a flash presentation just like those dot comics found in the marvel site.  It kinda fit nicely into the comic book artist theme I was going for.



Everyone was line, “He got us there didn’t he?”


No comments:

Post a Comment