MIGUEL: Got invited to attend the Elysium. (An Elysium is a gather for the kindred to meet up. Normally it's because of some interesting news that the community has to discuss. But most of the time it's just an excuse to have a party. Thankfully this one's because of the former.) The gathering was participated by kindred from most of the clans. But since it was the Toreadors who called for the meet it was their clan which were most in number. I called Timothy up to join me but I guess he was busy with his own affairs. As with all typical Toreador functions, the set-up of this Elysium was more for show rather than function. Refreshments were served as prepared by the host of the evening. I made the required socialization but one has to be a Toreador to really understand what the talk was about between them.
Thankfully, I was pulled into conversation with Ventrue Elder from Singapore. It seems that he was in the Islands for business and some of them were of the same type I handled in the last couple of years so conversation was easy. Talk changed from business, to entertainment, to social functions to relationships. I picked up quite a few pointers from the Elder, especially with regards to shedding enlightenment on the the previous night's encounter.
I ended the evening feeling much better than what I felt the night before. Not really a bad deal from spending the night with the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment