MIGUEL: Nice job, Rico. I'll see if I can start the rant.
Dont' you just hate it when people say something and they can't defend what they just said? The story goes something like this: Sitting in a coffee shop, one tends to overhear the conversations happening around him. A couple of females were in a conversation regarding GMA declaring no work for a couple of days during the Christmas season. The first woman says "That's the reason why I'll be voting for her in the next elections." To which the other one says "I won't (vote for her) 'cause she doesn't have any final word".
I assumed she meant GMA's declaration of running for the office in 2004. It's here I bend over and ask "So what's wrong about that? What's wrong about changing one's mind?".
This is when the girl looks at me and looks as if she was about to give an answer but just as quickly she catches herself and states "Just because".
I don't know if she just didn't want to answer me or she simply didn't know what she was takling about. I think it was the latter. She's just another one of those who repeats what she has heard from what other people say.

No comments:

Post a Comment