JOSHUA: Kapuso



I very rarely watch shows from the local channel GMA7. I watch either the imported shows (may it be american, european, chinese, japanse or korean) or that from the other channels. Anyways, this week, I've been keeping my eye out (and my vcr on timer) when they started showing the fantasy tv series Mulawin. The story is simple enough - there's supposed to be a savior born to the winged folk tribe which will save them from their enemy tribe. Problem is the savior (a girl winged folk) got dumped into the human village and where she grows up thinking she is human. The visual effects and actors still need a lot of work if one wants to make it at par with imported tv series, say charmed, buffy or smallville. But then again the production is much much better than those they show in the opposing channel. I think GMA7 is learning to fine tune its shows, more so with the on going network wars.



I also heard they will be coming out with another new show called Coming Out, which is supposed to be based on the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy tv series shows on ETC which appears to likewise be a hit here in the country.



Hopefully they'll show some sci-fi or intellectual comedy shows in the future. I wouldn't really hold my breath for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment