MIGUEL: Caught within the crossfire



I got word last night that I - apparently - sent an incriminating email to the marketing department of a customer. The said email is some sort of blind item, which aspires to discredit one of my bosses at work.



Nasty! Just plain nasty!



I guess some sort of background info might be in order so I tried tracing the steps done by the culprit. Here’s what I found: Supposedly, some girl (who it would seem turns out later turns out to be a college student) composed and sent the email to a yahoogroup called ‘pinay_celebrity’. To make it appear as if I received that email from the said group, somebody created a fake yahooID account for me and added the said account to the yahoogroup. Having received the said email, the fake me then proceeds to send the email to the marketing department of the No. 1 customer of the company.



As if!!



How did I know it was the fake me? They used my real name and company name as part of the yahooID. Like I’ll do something like that?! I don’t even use my real name in my real email accounts and yahooID, much less use it for something like this! Furthermore, the fake yahooID was added to the group the same time the email was sent. Can anyone say ‘Obvious!’?



Naman!!



The nature of the email is quite sensitive and if proven true, the boss might just be terminated. However, the management team believes that it is just the ploy of someone to get even with my boss and they know (at least that’s what they tell me) that I’m not part of it and are just as sorry as I am that I was dragged into this mess. It’s a dispute between my boss and some supervisor he had suspended and the whole thing just got out of hand. Last thing I heard, some very, very sensitive stuff has been used and it looks like the gloves are off. I just hope I make it out of this thing unscathed.



I know I needed some excitement at the office but this is a little bit off from what I wanted.




No comments:

Post a Comment