YING TZI: Binondo



I went to Binondo to check out some few items. I don’t think I’ll be able to memorize the different landmarks of the place. Every time I head towards that area, the transport I take takes a different route.



I knew that the Chinese merchants were good and that they would do and say anything to get sale but this latest one got me by surprise. I was checking out the video shops when the vendor came up to me and asked if I was half-Chinese. I gave him a curious glance and simply said no. He then nodded and left me for a while. He then circled back and this time asked if I was half-Japanese. I laughed and again said no. I then asked him why he thought I was one. He said that I wasn’t probably full Filipino coz I was whiter than normal. I just had to laugh it off. I have never in my life been whiter than normal and never been mistaken as being chinky eyed. Like duh?!


No comments:

Post a Comment