GENE: STARGATE ATLANTIS

Was able to borrow the copy of Stargate
Atlantis (or SGA) from Johan's Tribe for the weekend. Got to see the first
seven episodes of the show. Basically it's a spin off of the original
movie and Tv series (SG1) but this time a new set of crew head to the
source of the Stargate which turns out to be Atlantis (it is indeed a
sunken city as the legend supposedly says, but what the storytellers forgot
to mention is thet the city is on another planet and that the natives fled
to Earth using the Stargates.)

Anyways, I was intrugued by the first episode coz the SGA project's goal
was supposed to travel to that point of origin and gather technology which
could help mankind. I was hoping it was something like that - something
akin to that of the StarTrek series. However, much to my dismay, during
the course of the next episodes it turned out to be a firefight between the
team and those of an alien race. It would have been interesting since some
of the characters are funny, but I got bored with the way the storyline was
going. I think I better stick with farscape and hopefully find a copy of
Firefly.


No comments:

Post a Comment