JOSHUA: Movie Review: Shrek 2 - Easter Egg Hunt!







Funny! Funny! Funny! That’s what I have to say for the movie. Not only are the voice talents, the storyline and the animation superb, but also there seems to be an endless number of “Easter eggs” in the film itself. Well, for me Easter eggs are those tiny bits of inside jokes the producers and filmmakers put into their films much like an inside joke. It is this type of stuff which once again, transforms me into that idiot that laughs by himself, while the rest of the audience are staring at the screen waiting and my seats mates are giving me the are-you-crazy-or-something-stare. Sometimes I hate it when that happens but then again, I guess I shouldn’t mind, cause if there was Easter egg there in the first place then I guess I (and possibly the ones who placed it there) should be happy that it was found.



Anyways, here’s a couple of the instances where I found laughing all by myself:



There’s a part where Puss and the gang were caught in the raid and eh said something like “Don’t you hate Mondays?” I remembered that that was Garfield’s (another orange cat like Puss) who always says that.



There’s a poster at the ‘ceiling’ of Princess Fiona’s bed that has a poster of Sir Justin. I guess it was pretty obvious by the picture that it was that of Justin Timberlake. It was pretty normal to assume that the teenage princess would have a poster of a “pop star” in her room, but was more funny was that Justin is the real life sweetheart of Cameron Diaz who’s the voice actor of Princess Fiona.



“What in Grimm’s name?!” Obviously a reference to God and the Grimm Brothers, te latter the creator of most of the fairy tales.



There’s a couple more, which are pretty obvious, the star bucks reference, the stay puff marshmallow man, pretty woman, the references to different stomach medicines and love potion ix (number nine) references in the potions factory. Anyways, I’ll leave it to you guys to see it yourself and find the other Easter eggs on your own. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment