ZAK:Twisted World





You're sick, you know that?!



I catch a glimpse of you at the bus' window as it passes by in front of me. That one instant is enough for me to see that you're pretty. Our eyes meet for a sec and a hint of a smile passes your lips.



I take the bus. The only seat is one a couple of rows in front of you. I would have to look back from the seat but even there I wouldn't be able to see you. I can see your boyfriend though. He keeps giving me death stares. Once, I see him as he whispers something to you and he nods towards my direction. I wonder what he told you. Maybe it's something like, "Someone's checking you out" or maybe something in the lines of "Look at that skinny guy who's sweating like a pig". Makes one wonder if the shirt I'm wearing has stains on it or whether my horns are showing. I really can't tell.



The bus ride is long. My only wish is to get a nap. I'm tired from work and from playing volleyball. I'm in no mood for mind games. However, I can't help myself from trying to get a look of you once more. Still, I can't see you, but I can see other things: you two don't hold hands. Maybe he's not your boyfriend. Maybe there is a chance. A chance for what? I still can't see you.



I give up. The bus reaches my stop. I get off. I see you once more from the window. Your "boyfriend" nudges you and once more nods towards me. You look down and smile. I smile back. The bus start to move. I walk on. I look back for one last glance and I see you looking back as the bus speeds away.



Should I run after the bus? That's kinda like something that would happen in a Taiwanese TV series. ::dao ming si! dao ming si!:: That will be a laugh. So what did I do? I just shake my head in resignation and walk home.



Are you sick in the head or something?



umm... Maybe I am the one who is...





No comments:

Post a Comment